Location: San Rafael
The Technical Integrator is the face of Modula4. Technical Integrators work with clients, at their site or remotely, performing installation, configuration, consulting and training. Technical Integrators also assists in sales by speaking with prospective clients and conducting online demos. The ability to travel up to 50% of the time is required.
Job responsibilities include:
- Install & configure Canto Cumulus, WoodWing
- Provide technical support for Cumulus and WoodWing via phone, remote desktop, email and in person at customer sites
- Support sales by conducting demos and providing technical information* Provide training sessions via phone/web conference
- Develop new or update existing training programs and material
- DAM and publishing workflow consulting (pre- and post-sales)
- Manage (or support project manager on) larger projects from pre-sales through installation and ongoing support & upgrades
- Become a top expert in Cumulus, Modula4 add-on products and WoodWing; staying ahead of everyone else in this field
Required Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in the Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS; some basic understanding of a UNIX based OS
- Experience with Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems, publishing systems or databases: any DAM program, MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, FileMaker, QPS, K2
- Experience with HTML, XML, Web servers
- Experience with standard IT infrastructure such as servers, networks and storage
- Experience with Applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design or QuarkXpress
- The ability and desire to become the top expers on Cumulus and WoodWing
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience with Cumulus and/or WoodWing or other DAM and publishing systems
- Knowledge of Apache Tomcat web application server
- Work experience in publishing, design, video production, multi-media or related industries
- Experience as trainer or technical support for software applications* Proficiency on UNIX operating systems: Red Hat, Solaris
- Excellent communicator
- Good listener: Able to listen to & understand customers; able to put personal preferences, opinions and attitude aside in order to focus on customer’s needs
- Ability to work independently
- Open and willing to learn new things–prefers to be self-directed and work with small teams rather than large, rigid organizations
- Confident, positive attitude
- Preferred: Some sales experience, either directly or as a “sales engineer”
- Willing and able to travel (up to 50%)
A Computer Science degree or the equivalent professional experience.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. YOUR RESUME OR COVER LETTER MUST INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENT. Only applicants who provide a salary requirement will be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: Our office is currently located in the Mission District of San Francisco but we will be moving to Marin County later this year.
Modula4 is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a health care allowance and a generous amount of paid time off. Please respond with your resume and cover letter here and the subject line “Technical Integrator.” Modula4 thanks all applicants for their interest but advises that only the most promising candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls, no recruiters.