Location: San Rafael
Modula4, a leading provider of digital asset management and publishing workflow solutions, is seeking a software engineer for our San Rafael, CA office.
Come work for a small, dynamic company that provides custom media management and workflow solutions to a wide range of blue chip clients including Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Stanford University, NVIDIA, Whole Foods, Disney, Monster Cable and many more. You will work in flexible teams on a variety of projects developing customized solutions that help our clients organize, manage and distribute their images, videos, layouts and documents.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working directly with clients to assess their needs
- Collaborating with clients and co-workers to determine the best approach for each solution
- Performing QA on all work
- Assist in installation of software onto client systems
- Coordinate company presence at events
- Support custom software on client system
Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in the following languages:
In addition, candidate must also demonstrate a deep knowledge of:
- TCP/IP networks and related services
Preferred additional skills:
- Other programming languages
- German language
- Design skills
- A Computer Science degree or the equivalent professional experience
- At least 2 years of professional programming experience using relevant languages
- Excellent communicator
- Good listener: Able to listen to & understand customers; able to put personal preferences, opinions and attitude aside in order to focus on customer’s needs
- Ability to work independently
- Open and willing to learn new things–prefers to be self-directed and work with small teams rather than large, rigid organizations
Please note: Modula4 is an international company with offices in San Rafael, CA and Berlin, Germany. The position requires that for the first 2-3 months of employment the employee will work from our Berlin office to receive training.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. YOUR RESUME OR COVER LETTER MUST INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENT. Only applicants who provide a salary requirement will be considered.
Modula4 is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a health care allowance and a generous amount of paid time off. Please respond with your resume and cover letter here (jobs©modula4•com) and the subject line “Software Engineer.” Modula4 thanks all applicants for their interest but advises that only the most promising candidates will be contacted.
Please, no phone calls, no recruiters and no solicitations for contractors or outsourced development services.