Location: Berlin, Germany
Modula4, a leading provider of digital asset management and publishing workflow solutions, is seeking a Senior Developer for our Berlin, Germany office.
Come work for a small, dynamic company that provides custom media management and workflow solutions to a wide range of blue chip clients including NASA, Stanford University, NVIDIA, Disney, Kohl’s, Whole Foods, Benefit Cosmetics and many more. You will work in flexible teams on a variety of projects defining and developing customized solutions as well as taking full responsibility for individual products that help our clients manage and distribute their images, videos, layouts and documents.
This position involves both hands-on software development as well as coordinating the work of other engineers and acting as a liason between the engineers, clients and other Modula4 technical staff. This is also a client-facing position so excellent communication skills are required.
Job responsibilities include:
- Writing and editing code for the development of custom solutions and integrations
- Collaborating with clients and co-workers to determine the best approach for each solution
- Drawing up possible solutions and calculating associated costs
- Developing and maintaining Modula4’s own products
- Performing QA on all work
- Assist in installation of software onto client systems
- Prioritizing the work of other engineers in the development pipeline
- Coordinating larger development projects
- Maintaining and updating the development tools and environment
Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in the following languages:
In addition, candidate must also demonstrate a deep knowledge of:
- TCP/IP networks and related services
- Project management
- Business strategies
- German/English language
Preferred additional skills:
- Other programming languages
- Industry specific knowledge in any of these fields: publishing, Web2Print, Digital Asset Management, Workflow Management
- A Computer Science degree or the equivalent professional experience
- At least 5 years of professional programming experience using relevant languages
- Experience with modern development tools and familiarity with a wide array of development tools and trends
- Good listener: Able to listen to & understand customers; able to put personal preferences, opinions and attitude aside in order to focus on customer’s needs
- Ability to work independently
- Open and willing to learn new things – prefers to be self-directed and work with small teams rather than large, rigid organizations
PLEASE NOTE: You must include your salary requirement with your resume and cover letter. Any candidates who do not include their salary requirement will not be considered.
Modula4 is an equal opportunity employer. Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement here (jobs©modula4•com) with the subject line “Senior Developer”. Modula4 thanks all applicants for their interest, but advises that only the most promising candidates will be contacted.
Please, no phone calls and no recruiters.
Modula4 provides digital asset management and publishing workflow solutions for clients in a wide variety of industries, including: retail, media & entertainment, marketing, publishing, government and higher education. We are an international team of expert technical integrators, programmers, workflow consultants, support staff and customer service specialists.