Location: San Rafael, CA or Berlin, Germany
Modula4, a leading provider of digital asset management and publishing workflow solutions, is seeking a Front-End Developer for our Berlin, Germany or our San Rafael, CA office.
Come work for a small, dynamic company that provides custom media management and workflow solutions to a wide range of blue chip clients including NASA, Stanford University, NVIDIA, Disney, Kohl’s, Whole Foods, Benefit Cosmetics and many more. You will work in flexible teams on a variety of developing the front-end for software customizations as well as for products that help our clients manage and distribute their images, videos, layouts and documents. In addition you will also design and update marketing collateral, brand elements and the corporate web site.
Job responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with clients in determining and documenting their UI/UX requirements
- Map and mold the requirements to the underlying capabilities of the system
- Implement UI/UX design
- Work as the liaison between the client and other Modula4 engineering staff, ensuring that requirements are understood and implemented
Required design skills and experience:
- Experience working with databases
- Experience working with engineering teams implementing designs for technically complex systems
Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in the following languages/tools:
Preferred additional skills:
- Graphic design tools such as Photoshop
- Knowledge of video formats
- German language
- Experience in cross cultural environment
- Fluency in English
- An online portfolio that demonstrates a variety of UI/UX work and web coding
- A software engineering degree or the equivalent professional experience
- At least 2 years of professional experience
- At least 3 excellent references
- Be a good listener: Able to listen to & understand customers; able to put personal preferences, opinions and attitude aside in order to focus on customer’s needs
- Ability to work independently
- Open and willing to learn new things – prefers to be self-directed and work with small teams rather than large, rigid organizations
This is partially a client-facing position and Modula4 is a cross-cultural organization so excellent communication skills are very important.
PLEASE NOTE: You must include your salary requirement with your resume and cover letter. Any candidates who do not include their salary requirement will not be considered.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement here (jobs©modula4•com) with the subject line “Front-End Developer”. Modula4 thanks all applicants for their interest, but advises that only the most promising candidates will be contacted. Modula4 is an equal opportunity employer.
Please, no phone calls and no recruiters.
Modula4 provides digital asset management and publishing workflow solutions for clients in a wide variety of industries, including: retail, media & entertainment, marketing, publishing, government and higher education. We are an international team of expert technical integrators, programmers, workflow consultants, support staff and customer service specialists.